Can you believe June is halfway already?! I swear this year is going by even faster than last year. Every year I tell my husband about places I want to go to and things I want to do during the Summer. He won’t always be involved because I know they may seem like torture for him but he’ll join me if he’s up to it. Summer is the best time of the year here in Bellevue. The weather is… warmer. Not necessarily less rain but at least the warmth makes you feel better on sunny days – shorts and no coats too! So as I was laying in bed yesterday, I had a few ideas that I thought I’d like to do this Summer and share with you.
- Go to afternoon tea. I just really want to do it. I need to research where it’s done here or just head to The British Pantry.
- See the Seattle zoo. My family came and went 3 years ago when they came for my wedding and I still haven’t been. *ashamed*
- Go to the farmer’s market in my city. It’s a 5 minute walk away and I always forget to go because it starts at 3pm. Need to put that in my calendar.
- I am still to see the Botanical gardens that we used to live next to.
- Host a Summer party with Cocktails and appetizers made by me. Maybe I’ll do that for a housewarming party! *noted*
I think I got the entertaining bug from my parents because it was something I grew up with, and it always bites the hardest during the warmer months. Pinterest hasn’t helped either with all of the ideas I got from there… Here are a few (click on the picture to be directed to it’s page):
I also have a book called Sips and Apps by Kathy Casey that I got from Crate and Barrel that I’m excited to try out. We’ve decided that we’re going to have a mini bar area in our new place. I have glasses and and recipes so now is the time to get crackin’!
What plans do you have for Summer? I’ve got so many things lined up I get chills when I remember them. But at the end of the day, I’m very thankful that I’m busy, that I’m not sitting twiddling my thumbs like a lot of people seem to think I do. Life is good. Life is great. We’ve had some interesting fortunes in fortune cookies and I hope things go as positively as they “predicted”.
Forget Y.O.L.O. This Summer’s motto is Live. Laugh. Love.