DIY Attempt #1


Just over a week ago I made my first attempt at dressing my mason jars. I didn’t have everything that the blog post I used as a reference had but I had other things that I wanted to use. The idea actually came to me while my husband and I were out. Luckily he was driving and I whipped out my phone and made a note of the idea. I’d bought these two drawings/paintings from Ikea – basically black thick squiggly lines on a white background – and I bought two thick black frames to put them in, they were my inspiration along with this black and white print material that had several prints on it. Just like that, while in the car, this idea popped into my head – dress the mason jar in the material, add a bow and voilà! I felt so fussy with myself and even more importantly – inspired. I didn’t have doilies but this was a rather good substitute. I think I’ll be using this as either as a vase with some white flowers or to hold potpourri.

I’ve got my craft bag there and I’ll be jotting down ideas as they come but I’m very excited to keep up with these little projects. I got back into my cleaning mode today and did a killer job cleaning our guest bedroom today and I’m working really hard to get the dining room done as soon as possible – hopefully by the end of the week.

20120319-212743.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this little post and I look forward to sharing more DIY projects with you 🙂

xx

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s